This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SRAM E-Tap pairing with Garmin edge 520

Sram's website state that my Garmin 520 will update the software automatically, which will allow me to see the SRAM etap options in my 520 device. However, I am not able to see the E-Tap battery option.
Garmin will only show DI2 battery life.
Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I am trying to allow for my Garmin to show me the battery life for both front and rear derraileurs
  • I don't have my Edge 520 handy, but I believe the eTap data fields are listed under "Shifting". Di2 is a separate profile and has it's own section. There is however only one battery data field option and it will show the level of the lowest battery in the system. You'll also receive specific notifications during your ride if one of your batteries needs to be recharged, for example "Front Derailleur Battery Critical". Just happened to me last week.
  • There are 2 different battery fields under the Gear category.

One shows the Di2 battery status and is called "Di2 Battery Level", the other, which is the one you want is called "Gear Battery".
  • Can someone pls help - Garmin Edge520 - latest fw - Sram Etap
    I was able to pair with my garmin and display gear (39-17,.....) and it changes when i shift so i know its linked
    BUT
    my Gear Battery shows 5-6 bars but grayed out and not sure if its displaying anything or all batteries are full ??? - but one of my battery when i shift is blinking red so i know its low ubut no change in garmin display

CAn anyone explain or how to reconfigure battery readouts of my etap
    Do I have to relink sensor as i had to change the gear ratios

TIA
  • If you have pulled the batteries to recharge them you need to change the position of the front ring after putting the batteries back so that the rear unit knows the position of the front unit so that it can send that to the Edge. Without the front position data you do not get a gear position shown on the Edge.
  • If you have pulled the batteries to recharge them you need to change the position of the front ring after putting the batteries back so that the rear unit knows the position of the front unit so that it can send that to the Edge. Without the front position data you do not get a gear position shown on the Edge.

I have no issues reading the shifter / gearpositions with my garmin just no Battery data which im more interested in
  • If you go down into the senor details can you access the battery status for the various eTap components?
  • If you go down into the senor details can you access the battery status for the various eTap components?

No i cant see stap components
    Sensor --> shows a cog (etap) i select and configure it im able to to change the gears for the corrected front and rear
    But there are no indiidual components nor any battery info. [FYI mine is a garmin 520 FW12.6]
    When i switch gear s the gear disply does change = hence its linked

Jut no battery info

• This might be the same issue that was just reported on the 1030. Let me try my 520 with an eTap system and see what I get.
  • To see the eTap components you need to go to the eTap sensor -> sensor details -> about

The 520, 520+ and 820 use a grayed battery icon. In this case all eTap components show as having a battery status of "New" so the icon shows 5 bars.