This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing with two phones?

Is it possible to have two phones paired with the Edge520? I don't want them both connected at the same time but I want to be able to work with either of the phones depending on where I am or what ride I'm on.

As far as I can see I have to change the pairing each time I want to use a different phone.

I have my normal work phone that I use week days on my commute with the phone in my backpack and my old clunker that I use on longer rides with the phone in my jersey when I don't want to risk damage to my phone or expose it to all the dampness of the back of a cycling jersey.
  • I'm not sure about the Edge specifically but every other Garmin device I own is paired to 2 android phones and an iPad. The only limitation is that if two phones are near by with BT active, you may not know which phone is connected. I typically turn BT off the device I don't want to connect at that moment.
  • No is the short answer. The Edge can only retain the pairing to one phone at a time.
  • I used to have Garmin for my life, but now I'm changing my mind and the competitor are showing better products. I have one Edge 830, edge 130 plus and Fenix 7 solar. I ride my road bike with one phone (small and expensive) and I have other phone (impact protection) for MTB rides. All Garmin devices don't permit two phones pairing. It's a nightmare. Hammerhead, for example, permits you a lot of pairings