This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity minutes

Hi.

is there any plan of incorporating Intensity Minutes in the Edge 520? I’m using the 520 when cycling and the Fenix3HR for all other activities. This means that Intensity Minutes in reality is useless... say I focus on cycling in one phase of training then I get zero Intensity Minutes.... Since a lot of my training on bike is XC i dont want to wear my Fenix in case of crash :rolleyes:

Thanks.
  • I have the same devices. Intensity Minutes works only on recordings on specific devices with hr sensor.
    Even if you wear the Fenix3HR during an activity and just stop Wrist hr on F3HR and just add the chest hr which shared with 520 you will again end up without IM. So the only way to have IM is to have F3HR with you and hr sensor on.
  • Hi. I know that's how it works, my question was to know if there are any plans to incorporate IM into the Edge 520 (if You use HR-strap)? From the "outside" it doesn't seem to that big of a task to incorporate since the Fenix 3 HR can calculate it with HR-strap and the watch is in my pocket...
  • I suspect there is a long term plan, but Garmin tend not to release this kind of information publicly. Basically I wouldn't hold your breath.

The situation with multiple Garmin devices and synced information has been a mess for ever. It took them an age to get TrueUp to work and that's basically just step information.

read the comments on this:
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/11/garmins-new-trueup-multi-device-activity-tracking-sync-heres-how-it-works.html

that's over a year ago - zero progress since then

• I'm having the same problem, don't want to wear my fenix 5 plus during MTB, I have an edge 520 for that. Intensity minutes, heart rate in general is missing from reports in such cases. And I don't think it's about that IM doesn't work with external HR belts, since I'm using those on spinning connected to the Fenix, and it's working fine.
    Really frustrating, Garmin, pls fix this!
  • Same problem here, Edge 130, Fenix 3 and Mio Velo HR wrist strap... Whenever I track a bike ride using the Edge 130 it does not log IM, even though it has sufficient HR data, so it is not that it does not have data it just does not calculate IMs ???
  • Same here. Garmin Edge 830 and FR935. No IM when cycling with Edge!!

• Same problem - I use a 520 with a a HRM on the bike, and wear a vivosport 23/7 for “everything else”

my exercise regimen is bike centric. all my high intensity cardio is “on the bike” 100+ miles a week. 

My connect page makes me look like a lazy sack of ***... only 4K “steps” a day,  lifting weights only 2x a week... lol. Steps?! Ha! God gave me feet so I can wear a pair of giro empires and ROFLstomp myself into oblivion. And arms so I can avoid trees and small children.  :) 

Im not even sure my garmin connect “cycling VO2 max” is using the data off the 520. Because it says I’m in the 45th percentile and “fair”  (according to strava I’m in the top 25% of men in my area on all segments I ride... even have a couple of top 10s on sprint segments... my specialty) so I’m pretty fast, and Belch a lot of steam when I ride. 

the data is there on connect - Time, HR, etc... seems to me that it should be fairly straight forward to take that data from a 520 activity and cross deck it within the application... it’s not like it’s a 3rd party. 

• FYI. If you do not have a power meter, I understand that any vo2 indication is not based on the cycling you are doing with your 520. That is probably the reason why your vo2 is so...wrong/different.

• Come on Garmin. Is this something so difficult to implement? I have and edge 1030 and fenix 5. One of the main reasons for buying the same brand is to take advantage of the potential synergies between devices. Not being able to implement correctly such a critcial information is a shame...

• yep, without powermeter no v2omax for cycling. There is a number  for running and one for cycling