This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Invalid (New?) R-R format with FW 12.2?

I noticed that since FW 12.20 it is no more possible to import EDGE 520 fit file with R-R values in Firstbeat Athlete software : there is an "Invalid R-R format" message while import attempt.
The changes are minor because I don't see any difference when using Fit File Tool Repair to analyse the 12.20 Fit files : R-R values are there.
Something related to Fit format evolution or CIQ 2.3.3 implementation?
  • The FIT file protocol change to 2.0 to support developers embedding their own data in to the FIT file. The developers of the Firstbeat software need to upgrade their software to use a newer version of the FITSDK that supports the 2.0 protocol.
  • If I remember correctly, there's been another thread about this where some added data field to the .fit file caused this. Have you added some non-default data fields that are recorded in the fit-file apart from the standard values?
  • The Fit File protocole 2.0 with developer data was already implemented much before FW 12.10 (since CIQ Apps release )
    I notice no change in R-R data structure, only the file header differs a little bit in FW 12.20 (Fit profile number differs)... but sufficient to cause Firstbeat Athlete software to issue a Error Message.
    so maybe a "profile update" in EDGE 520 FW as mention in FIT SDK release note https://www.thisisant.com/developer/fit-sdk-release-notes
  • Same problem here. FB will not fix the problem because support to FBA was cancel months ago. Our chance is to have a new version of the firmware to make it compatible again with FBA

Regards
  • Fit files with R-R recorded under latest FW 12.30 cannot be imported in FBA. Edge 520 header profile definitively changed since 12.20. :mad: