This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Clearing notifications

Unlike many people my incoming phone call, missed call and SMS messages are coming throught OK to the Edge 520, but I don't know how to clear the alerts.

The little speech bubble with the 3 dots always seems to be lit up and the notification of my last missed call seems to be there forever.

How do I clear the alerts once I've seen them so that I know when new ones have arrived?
  • You need to press a button on the unit. You can press either Enter or Back. It's done that way so you don't miss a notification.
  • You need to press a button on the unit. You can press either Enter or Back. It's done that way so you don't miss a notification.

Thanks, that's what I've been doing...
    So a call comes in but I miss it.
    The notification appears on the screen,
    I hit the back key to clear it and it clears from the front screen,
    BUT the little speech bubble with the three dots in the icon bar at the top is still there. How do I clear that one?
  • Thanks, that's what I've been doing...
    So a call comes in but I miss it.
    The notification appears on the screen,
    I hit the back key to clear it and it clears from the front screen,
    BUT the little speech bubble with the three dots in the icon bar at the top is still there. How do I clear that one?

That goes when you access the call/txt on your phone - well, it does on mine - 520 (11) Samsung S5
  • Solved!

That goes when you access the call/txt on your phone - well, it does on mine - 520 (11) Samsung S5

Yes! - that's the fix.
  • I don't have the call/txt anymore on my phone. How to clear 2 notifications of over 1 year old?

• The solution I found was to take the SIM card out the iPhone, (restart the phone) open Phone app, go to Voicemail, and there you see old voicemails. Play those that are not yet listened. If you don't see those calls browse all the way down and there is an other map. Try there also. Then reinsert the SIM card and sync with Garmin Connect. :-)

• Taking the SIM card out is also a great fix if you change SIM cards when visiting a different country and forget to delete the notification before swapping back. Thank you Marco!