This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

upload failed??????

hello
garmin 520 user (obviously since i'm on this forum)i did a ride then ended ride then hit save ride. after a few minutes of putting up my bike, changing clothes etc. i tried to upload my ride from the garmin but it says failed to upload. i then went to history and viewed the ride and tried to upload from there but it continues to fail. is there anything i can do to save and upload the ride to connect? the 520 is current on updates.
thanks
rob
  • Did you try a manual upload from the Garmin Connect site?
  • yes i did but i was hoping for a fix other than manual. i still haven't figured out if it's possible to link a manual upload to strava.
    thanks
    rob
  • yes i did but i was hoping for a fix other than manual. i still haven't figured out if it's possible to link a manual upload to strava.
    thanks
    rob

I've got Strava to automatically upload from GC, but in the rare cases when something goes wrong, I do a manual upload to Strava just as I have had to do with GC.

I think in my case, the rare upload problems are after I ride my bike from home and after I save the ride, the upload begins through my iPhone. However, my iPhone then connects to my home wifi and I believe that causes the upload error. That's just my guess. I don't really care that much since I will need to charge up my 520 so I just connect it to my laptop usb port and then I may have to do the manual upload if GC express doesn't do it for me.
  • I now make sure I'm in our wifi network (or anywhere else, just not on the edge) before saving and it seems to always work. that being said, when I used to have the problem I found that turning the garmin off and back on it would sync that previous ride without any problems. not ideal, but better than digging out the cable to do a manual upload.
  • i haven't been able to do a manual upload through the cable yet.
  • How have you tried doing an upload using USB? Through Garmin Express or through the Garmin Connect website?
  • i haven't been able to do a manual upload through the cable yet.

Really? Just go to the activities page and click the import link at the top right. You'll see everything you need from there. Choose the FIT file after you navigate to your 520.
  • ok, i was finally able to do a manual upload.
    rob
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Still no luck

Really? Just go to the activities page and click the import link at the top right. You'll see everything you need from there. Choose the FIT file after you navigate to your 520.

I've done that, a few times, and with both GPX and TCX files but can't upload. Any ideas?
  • I had the dreaded pload failed today... I tried a profile reset bt thhat didn't help. So I started a new ride, saved it, and my afternoon (real) ride and the fake ride both ploaded.

My phone battery died in the middle of my ride... that seemed to trigger the failed to pload... even after charging the phone battery the pload failed.

Creating the second ride seemed to do the trick.

Hope this helps someone... this is frstrating.

Sorry abot the typos... My YEW key isn't working, and the H key sometimes works.