This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Segments rarely triggered during ride

Lately the usual ride I do, no segments are triggered during the ride. Inspecting my ride is close to these segments with deviations less than 10-15 meters. Why does this happen? How can I fix this? What I do is load a course I created in G Connect , start the ride, but no segments are triggered. I am using GPS+Glonass. Should I switch to Galileo? Please help me, it is quite frustrating.

• I have not managed to sort this out, but I managed to solve another problem where activities (rides) based on the same route do not get the segments after the "Match new segments" is clicked.

1. on the web garmin connect click on the gear at the top right of the activity
    2. select the Trim option
    3. eat a second or two from the ride from the start or the end so that the save is enabled
    4. after saving click on "Match new segments", et voila, in a few seconds all segments are there!
  • O.k. I have solved this problem. When creating a segment, do not create them from the first ride. Do the same course a few times and build the segments from the parts of those rides that seem closer to the actual path you followed. If for example the start and end of a path is out of the road in a city ride, using it for a segment next time you ride it will not be triggered.

I deleted all of my segments, rebuilt them having this in mind and now they are triggered as expected.

--- Edit ---

Just as I thought I solved it, in the next ride that crap did not trigger a single segment!

• Eventually I found out that when you follow a course the segments are not firing up. But strangehow sometimes they do pop-up.