This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stop the Spam!

I don't CARE that you added a feature umpteen updates ago and still advertise it each time you push an update adding more unnecessary features on me.

What I do care about is consistency of operation. Your incessant advertising blurbs disrupt that.

STOP IT!

• You're kind of spamming us as bad as Garmin!  Lol.  I agree with you, but it's obvious that for each new version of GC we're going to get prompts on how to use the devices we've already been using for years.  Fortunately the prompts go away again after a few appearances.

• "You're kind of spamming us as bad as Garmin!"

That's kind of the point. (Well, not you, I intend to annoy the Garmin folks as they are annoying me.)

• I'm wondering what advertising blurbs you are referring to? Is this the notification on the device of a update being ready to install?

• is referring to the reappearance of messages to "Push and hold" to access menu, "Classify Ride Type", etc., messages that pop-up for several uses after each Garmin Connect app update.  It is idiotic for Garmin to have these programmed to reappear for users that have obviously been using the device for a long time.  For several rides we have extra button pushes to clear these pop-ups out of the way.  Just aggravating that they come back with each app update.