This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will the regular 130 get any more firmware updates? Not sure I want any!

The 130 Plus just got a new FW update (2.90), but only the "Improved Ant Connectivity" could even apply to the regular 130.  But I'm not having any "Ant Connectivity" issues, so that wouldn't be helpful anyway.

My 130 has been very stable on the current FW 3.80, so I'm not sure I want the boat rocked.  The only operational bug was initially the elevation graph didn't work unless I was following a course.  But for the past three months that has been flawless even without a course running.  Somehow that seems to of worked itself out.

The only remaining bugs I can think of:

• Sometimes I need several attempts to sync with Garmin Connect, kind of aggravating when everyone is ready to get going.  It's a minor annoyance that usually only needs a few re-sync attempts but becomes a major bug if the cell signal is weak.  It's aggravating that Garmin can't work out a BT connection in a weak cell area; why must it have a cell signal to sync via BT?  GC can do whatever magic it needs to when I pedal into a better cell, but don't prevent syncing between the 130 and GC!
  • Likewise, with a poor cell signal, it doesn't want to upload the ride to GC when I finish.  Again, it's BT, no cell data needed.  GC could easily update the web server and Strava later when it has internet, but it seems to insist on "all or nothing".
  • (I recognize that the above two issues are likely more to do with GC programming, but figured I'd mention.)
  • When charging, the bars never show full until I unplug from charging.  I always charge from a laptop so that it is slower and easier on the 130 battery, but no matter how long I leave it charging it never shows full whilst plugged in.  I've learned by experience how long to leave it and I set a timer to remind me to unplug.  We've got to baby these undersized 130 batteries, so I don't charge any more than necessary.

I also recently added a HRM-Dual heart rate monitor.  That has worked flawlessly too, faithfully staying connected to the 130 and reminding me of how hard I'm working throughout the ride!