This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elapsed time and moving time on Edge 130

On my Edge 130 I just find the field Elapsed Time/Total Time.

There is some way to ADD the field "Moving Time"?

• If you have auto-pause enabled then the timer time will be your moving time.

• This leads me to comment... I see no point to enabling auto-pause.  I have never enabled it because with it disabled you can see an accurate representation of the ride; you get both moving and overall time when you review the ride later.  To be clear, I'm not criticizing anyone for using it, I just don't see how it has anything to offer.

What am I missing here?  What additional benefit would be gained by having auto-pause enabled?

• Yes, there is a way to add moving time field - it is called TIMER.

• With auto-pause enabled the timer gives you moving time and averages are computed using that time and not the elapsed time.

• Ok, that makes sense.  Not an option that appeals to me, but I'm sure there are some that would prefer that.  If anyone cares, you still get to see "Moving Time" and "Avg Moving Speed" on GC after the ride, even with auto-pause disabled.

• Correct. GC computes it based on GPS position. This was added years ago to GC before units supported auto-pause.

• I have it enabled.  Two days ago I was out on a ride and got stuck waiting for a train.  There was no easy way to route around it so I decided to wait...for 15 minutes.  I don't want that 15 minutes factoring into my ride stats.  Yes - I can manually pause it for something like that, but when I do that invariably I forgot to start it again at some point and then my ride is botched.  The auto-pause has worked perfectly for me.