This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Best practices on using Edge 130 with Fenix 6?

I have an F6, looking forward to getting an Edge 130, and trying to figure out how I’m going to use them together. I don’t use an external HRM (I reply on the F6’s WHR) and use a cadence sensor. I see a few options:

• Use Extended Display: positive is that it would save Edge’s battery life (since it’s GPS would be off - is that true?), meaning less frequent charging, but it sounds like data field customization is limited
  • Initiate activity on both F6 and Edge and then delete Edge activity (since F6 captures HR and counts towards Training Load)
  • Initiate activity on both and rely on Physio TreuUp to sort it all out. Is this actually a viable option?

Am I missing any other ways to do this?

• I have the same questions.

• Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Another idea that occurred to me is the start an Indoor Bike activity (so that my F6 isn't burning battery using GPS) to broadcast HR to the Edge 130. In this scenario, I would save all the sensors paired to the Edge 130 and save the activity from there. And then when I stop the activity on my F6, I would discard instead of saving. 

Would I lose anything from a data/analytics perspective by doing it this way vs saving an activity from the F6? (I use the F6's WHR, not an external HRM)

Separately, is it possible to view datafields on the 130 without starting an activity?

• I use the last option, start the activity on one device and rely on Physio TreuUp so sync. I have a Fenix 5 and the Edge 130. Bicycle on the Edge 130, the rest on the Fenix 5. I used the extended display but it is limited to the fields that are on the Fenix.