This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Backlight always comes on when using the remote...

With the poor cold weather battery performance, the last thing I need is the backlight coming on in the daytime.  I have the backlight set to "After Sunset" but it always comes on if I use the remote.  If I use the 130 buttons directly, the light does not come on unless after sunset.

Simple software fix, why is this even an issue?

• Can other people with a remote check this out and report back?  This is unlikely to be just a flaw in my unit, but a software glitch that should be easily fixable by Garmin.  The backlight seems to be a major component of cold weather battery issues, so this would be a huge help if this problem was corrected.

The remote is a huge convenience, but now I am hesitant to use it before dark and eat up battery unnecessarily.  Feedback from anyone else with a remote would be helpful.  Feedback from Garmin would be extraordinary, in the truest sense of the word... They seem to ignore their own forum, as we continue to Beta test their product. 

@Garmin-Matthew, please help!  I love the good things about the 130, but something as basic as not turning the backlight on during the day shouldn't be an issue.  Very frustrating.