This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Very slow satellite fix 15 minutes plus...

My 130 has always been very slow to get a GPS fix.  It's getting to the point where I'm about ready to send it back to Garmin... It regularly takes 15 minutes plus before I get the GPS ready beep.  Is this normal for the 130 or could I have a defective unit?

• Thanks, I will try. I hope that this will also work when I do the synchronisation via cable and laptop. Or would it be better to do the synchronisation always via bluetooth and smart phone. Then I might have the next problem since synchronisation with my mobile phone is actually also not possible. So, I might do a hard reset for my Garmin as described on the Garmin webpage.  

• I dont havd the EPO.BIN file on my garmin device. Just deleted the RemoteSW folder.

It Was recreated but also no files in it.. My garmin doesn't find any GPS.

Can i create the file manually? 

• I have a new Edge 130 which worked correctly for 1 ride and then the GPS failed in the middle of second ride.  The fix was as noted below:

- Install on your Mac or your PC the app Garmin Express, start the app, plug in your Edge 130 via USB port.  You can then register and create a Garmin account.  Your Edge will show as a device in the Express app.

- Sync the Edge to ensure you have the latest software version installed.  This also acts to sync up some location data.  Assuming when you disconnect the Edge from your computer, go outside and try to acquire GPS signal this fails, then

- Re-connect your Edge to your computer via USB

- use your folder browser to locate the Edge 130, then open the folder Garmin

- Navigate to folder REMOTESW.  You will see a file called EPO.BIN.

- To minimize issues, rename this file to EPO.BINold

- In the Garmin Express app, sync your device

- Disconnect your Edge device and take it outside and re-try to acquire GPS signal