This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Physio True Up Supported or not on Edge 130?

I have an Edge 130 and a Fenix 5X. The Physio True Up feature doesn't quite work in that the Recovery Advisor data doesn't flow from the Edge 130 to the Fenix 5X. It flows from the Fenix 5X to the Edge 130 though. All the rest of the data flow.

According to everything I can find on the Garmin sites, both devices support Physio True Up. And both have settings to enable it. And it seems to (almost) work. But today when I chatted with Garmin Support, I was told that neither device is compatible.

Here's what I think is really true: The functionality has a bug or is not yet fully built out. Not that they aren't compatible.

Anyone out there have a definitive answer?

Someone from Garmin maybe?
  • I'm having the same problem with and Edge 130 and a Forerunner 645 Music giving different recovery times after an activity. It seem to need to sync more than once and sometimes there appears to be a delay at Garmin's end so that it won't sync immediately but will a few hours later.

I'm not sure how useful the Recovery Advisor is though. I just went for two leisurely 6 mile bike rides to the local bike shop, heart rate not going above 130, and the Edge130 told me I needed 17 hours to recover. Maybe I'm older than I feel!
  • I have the same issue as Michael. I really wish hope that a future update fixes this.

Polar, has this down properly and working, not sure why Garmin is struggling with something like this.
  • Correction to my previous post: Physio True Up only seems to work with the Edge 130 if you sync via Garmin Express on a PC.

I've tried syncing via the Android app and the recovery time from the Edge 130 doesn't seem to go through to my Forerunner 645. As soon, however, as I plug it into a PC and sync it via Garmin Express - even if the Android app says it has already synced - the updated recovery time now arrives on my watch at the next sync.

Please post if this workaround works for anybody else.

This looks like a bug so I hope Garmin fix it soon.
  • Syncing Garmin 130 with Fenix 5

Recorded a bike ride with Garmin 130
    Syncing via Mobile App (iPhone) on the Fenix 5 just showed the ride in Last Sport section and My Day Widget, NO Recovery, NO Training Status Update, NO Training Load update.
    Syncing via Garmin Express on PC on the Fenix 5, updated the Recovery time from the 130, BUT NO Training Load, NO Training Status Update.
  • GabiBeep - Did your bike ride from the date in question have power data?
  • YES recorded with Vector 3 pedals
  • GabiBeep - I would like to gather some data to further research the cause of this problem. You should receive a email from me momentarily.
  • Correction to my previous post: Physio True Up only seems to work with the Edge 130 if you sync via Garmin Express on a PC.

I've tried syncing via the Android app and the recovery time from the Edge 130 doesn't seem to go through to my Forerunner 645. As soon, however, as I plug it into a PC and sync it via Garmin Express - even if the Android app says it has already synced - the updated recovery time now arrives on my watch at the next sync.

Please post if this workaround works for anybody else.

This looks like a bug so I hope Garmin fix it soon.

Yep. New 130, chest strap (PowerCal - hrm/power) and cad/spd.
    Syncing via Bluetooth and the GC app and my personal data came over to the 130 as well as my records.
    When I synced it over USB with Express, all the activities/VO2 Max etc also came over.
  • I wanted to let you all know that we are looking into what causes Physio TrueUp to not work correctly between the Edge 130 and compatible Physio TrueUp watch. We have a case open to research this problem and I will keep you updated or let you know when there is a resolution. Thank you all for your persistence and patience with this issue.
  • Garmin-Matthew thanks for letting us know that Garmin are looking into this. Any chance of an idea of when this will be fixed? It's now almost a year since the device was launched and yet an advertised feature still isn't working. I don't know about in the US but in the UK it's illegal to sell stuff that doesn't function as described. Also,note that the problem isn't just in one direction. Often a 'software update', which is usually fitness update, or several of them can take hours to download and basically just drains the battery. I see there is another thread on general wireless sync problems with the 130 which could be related.