This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to delete several/all logs in once?

As transfer of logs did get really slow I was going to delete some/all off my (just around 20) rides. Didn't find any option in the list view.
  • Nobody a chance to check, if I had overlooked something?
  • At least an option to delete all please...
  • That REALLY sucks. As it seems nothing overlooked I deleted today around 20 logs manually. Every single needs several seconds to load. :mad::mad:
    What are these rubbish developers doing? Are they forced to do everything differently for every new device ?- in the most stupid way? :(:(
  • I will get this reported. Thanks for the feedback.
  • You can delete them using a PC if the Edge is mounted. The activities are located in the Garmin\activity folder on the Edge.
  • You can delete them using a PC if the Edge is mounted. The activities are located in the Garmin\activity folder on the Edge.

Shure it will not break anything? Since they have decicded to work only with FIT files ´they put usually references in other files. That is i.e. the reason you could not simple copy other files around.
  • You can safely delete files from the Garmin\Activity folder.
  • It’s a shame that I can’t delete all rides at once in my Garmin 130 plus . 

• Are they just old notifications that need to be cleared or are new ones still coming through?

I don’t have notifications on at all so without turning them on I’m not sure what behavior happens on that front.

• This topic is about deleting previous rides (activities) stored on the device.  Too many stored eventually slows down the Edge 130 response.  Deleting on the unit itself is slow and painful, but it's not a big deal just to plug into a computer and clean it up as per .  

This is just regular maintenance of your Edge, plug into a computer and empty out the past activities you don't need on the device.  Just like any computer file folder, you can select as many or as few as you desire to delete.  Although we have some things to complain about as Garmin owners, this isn't a big one.  I see connecting to my laptop as just a normal part of ownership.  That said, the owner's manual could absolutely be better about helping with things like this.  Owner's manual is terrible and this forum is the only thing that has helped me fully understand things like this.