This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 - General questions

Does anybody know about the following:

1. Any options to show GPS details? Not as datafield, just for info. Like accuracy, numbers of detected satellites, maybe separated by system like GPS and Galileo?
2. Usually you can change the name of sensor. Not possible on the Edge 130
3. On messages page, when I choose a message in some cases it shows the full text if I press "Start/OK" in most cases not. Bug?

cheers
  • 1. Typically on the latest Edges only the top end devices have this and it’s just one field that should a sort of signal strength. Check the manual to see if that data field is supported.

2. Are you sure? When the sensor is connected, go into details and scroll down, is there an option there? It would be weird if this was missed out

3. Sounds weird to me, could be a bug. Hopefully others will comment.
  • 2. Are you sure? When the sensor is connected, go into details and scroll down, is there an option there? It would be weird if this was missed out

Yep - tried to go in to every single detail on the sensors page. Knew Garmin for a while. Got it new Yesterday and only a heartbeat sensor connected so far. Tried to go into every field on the Sensors page. But not allowed. Sensor itself properly connected and working. Datafield shows expected content.
    Major isssue with not having an individual naming is in case of unexpected connection issues, where you may like to go to the sensors page and try to manually connected. But without naming you will only see the sensor ID, which make it difficult to choose the right one.
  • Was going to be a question, now a statement as by manual:

4. Auto-Lap. No abiltiy to define the length will be either 5 km or 5 miles depending to the system settings
  • I guess that's because this is considered a low-end Edge so they restrict various functions.
  • So an overall WARNING:

The device is even more limited as expect. Often some details missed in the manual. But in this case not. A lot stuff for "Auto" Features or as above Sensors seems to miss detailed configuration you usually may expect as know from other devices.
    A lot of datefields maybe missed as well as already highlighted in other threads. So just be careful if it fits your needs.
  • Good Thing - the A-GPS seems to work quite well. Satellites just needs seconds to be recognized. But needs Connect app running, which I usually do not, as not needed just for messages. But the manual stated it will download data for several days. So maybe twice a week could be ok if you don't like the GC app permanently running
  • Does anybody know if is it possible to disable auto zoom, and manually Zoom Map In/Out during navigation?
  • Try pressing and holding the top right button when view the map page. This will bring up a context based options. One will be to change the map page scale.
  • I know this is an old post but this may help. I use an IQ app called "Display GPS".  This displays the strength of the GPS signal as a data field that can be added to any screen. It uses the Edge's GPS chip as the source. I use this because my Edge 130 GPS signal cuts out if I stop and only restarts again sometime later.  Without this app I have no way of knowing I have lost the GPS and so my ride distance is nonsense.  Hopefully Garmin will sort out this problem that I suspect is a software one.