Edge 130 Plus restart during course activity with custom course points

Hello,

as the title says, I have an issue with the Edge 130 Plus restarting during course activity on which I added custom course points (i.e Energy Gel).
This is very annoying since I'm using custom course points as a big helpers during my XCM races, and it's very important to me to work as expected.
It takes about 10-20s to restart, to connect all sensors again and waiting for me to press play again to continue where it stops.
This is very easy to reproduce.
Just make a custom course (or edit existing one) in Garmin Connect and add at least 1 custom course point.
Regarding notification settings, everything is set correctly as it is described here for the iOS, since this is my 3rd Garmin device for the last 10 years.
Regarding sensors that are attached to Edge are Garmin Rally XC100 powermeter pedals, speed sensor, and Garmin HR strap.

Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Workaround is to use General Point type of custom points!!!
  • Hi! Have the same issue here .. quite annoying <3 at any roundabout the device restarts. I don't use any custom points but still. Is there something I can try out? Did you also notice that calories calculation is totally wrong? 

• Hi. Well, I started this thread with the main focus on restarting a device when custom points are added on the course (especially Energy Gel and Sport Drink type of points), but it turns out that ppl also have issue when they are at roundabout.

Regarding that issue, I don't have any ideas, since it is not happening on my end, but related to custom points, I added EDIT part in the original message.

Related to calories calculation, I don't measure them so I didn't noticed that issue.