This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030plus with powerpod

hello

I got edge 1030plus and power pod and it is very confusing. 

Edge show 3x less calories burned when using powerpod.

I did a test today 

10 minute ride with a power pod , and it calculated 29 calories

See stats 

Check out my activity on Strava: strava.app.link/2QI8kN17O7

The same ride without powermode 129 can.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/IYRkr057O7

Whats is happening?  Is the powerpod bad. Not calibrated properly,  or i really burned so little 

Thank you 

• Your have asked a question regarding 1030 plus on the 130 plus forum...

• Since we do not know your „rider‘s input“ (avg. Watt) for that 10 minutes ride, it is hard to give an answer.

Usually an „averaged normal person“ with an input of about avg. 150 Watt can expect about 400 kCal per hour.

• Have you used the PowerPod on another Garmin unit before the 1030 Plus? I ask as I want to know it has been setup and you have a comparison between the Edge 1030 Plus with PowerPod and another unit with PowerPod.

I currently have an Edge 1000 and PowerPod Lite, so I know what is involved in the setup of the PowerPod and I know that when it is setup it supplies the power to the unit, so the 1030 Plus is just using what it is being told. Unless there is a bug with the Edge 1030 Plus, but then I think everyone would be talking about it, regardless of their power meter model.

I await your reply and will help if I can with the PowerPod.