Adress search doesn't find locations in Edge 1050 - bug in 2024?

Hi, I'm having trouble searching for an address.

My language is set to English, but I live in Sweden. The streets here have specific symbols (ÅÄÖ), and when searching, I can't enter these symbols in the English language.

• After switching the language to Swedish, these symbols appear on the second page of the keyboard, but it still can't find the address for me.

Question: How can I search for the address?

Is there a way to keep the English language on the device and have a Swedish keyboard for these symbols?

I looked at some solutions on a forum, and they involve editing files in Garmin. Is this really the solution?

Can this be reported somewhere? It seems to me that the navigation should be able to search for addresses, and I'm really struggling with it :-/

• Having done some research on this topic, Garmin stipulate on their website that, for address search, you need to have:

Garmin Geocode Map, which should be in your map files, being this one: gmapgc.img

It did not come with my Edge 1050. I took it from my Edge 1030+ that had it, and copied it to the 1050. That's probably the reason that it worked from previous Garmin edge like mine.

I also did not have the "basemap" in the beginning that I  also took from my 1030+...some folks on this forum also were missing this file.

Now, when I search for addresses, I can add, let's say: "1234" "street name". Naturally, sometimes, you have to fiddle with how you spell your addresses to match Garmin's terminology. Other times, you have to be a bit less specific and be around the location you need to locate and then pinpoint the exact location.

All in all, it works way better now for me, with this file.