What would your ask be for the next Edge flagship?

I'm a real fan of Garmin and I really like the Edge 1050.  It's great to see the market leader innovating like this. 

Unfortunately, for me, it's a no sale due to the lack of buttons. I cycle through the British winter and a touch screen with thick gloves just doesn't work, whatever the marketing department tells you. That's also why I bought an 840 rather than the 1040. 

So here's my wish list for the next Garmin flagship. 

1. Buttons like the 840

2. An additional middle buton on the front for the bell 

3. Phone functionality, meaning I could leave my mobile at home and save c. 200g weight

4. A "be seen" light accessory (like the Raveman) that also functions as a battery pack

What would your wishes be? 

• Which is what I do and what I posted :) 

• Allow user to change the function of the lap button to something actually useful to the overwhelming majority owners who don’t use it, such as: Ringing the bell, lockout / unlock the touchscreen, shortcut to map screen, Varia muting function, shortcut to enable/disable all segments (or segment cancel shortcut), enable bike alarm shortcut, press hold to alert emergency contacts, etc

SIM card slot & cell network radio that’ll take prepaid SIM cards. Or, eSIM that can be added to existing cell service as a cheap  “smart watch” line

Flash connected lights when bike bell is dinged.

Allow 3rd party touch to pay apps.

Built in white or amber LED strobe on front of unit.   

Louder bike bell

Mobile app that anllows easy creation and sending of courses to device.

Stable firmware upon initial release that doesn’t require End-users to be unpaid beta testers for an entire year (or more) after launch.

• I wish that Garmin would fix the screwup they made several years ago which prevents Unicode maps from working on their devices. If you try to install a Unicode map on anything they have made in the last six or eight years, the maps show up as locked. Unicode maps are useful for countries such as Japan, Greece, etc.

• I'd considered that and I may yet get one especially for my gravel bike where it's more of a risk to let go of the handlebars on rough ground. It's not ideal for my race bike though... more weight, handlebar clutter, a pain to switch between bikes.