No Edge 1050 Sounds in Bluetooth Connected Earbuds :(

I have a brand new Edge 1050 and I cannot hear any of the sounds through my phone's Bluetooth connected earbuds. I can hear all sounds from my phone just fine. The Edge 1050 sounds (nav and tones) play through the Edge speaker, but not through my earbuds. The Edge and my phone are connected and all activities sync just fine. When I turn on my Edge I get a quick notification on the screen that says "Phone Connected". Also, in System>Sounds>Voice Prompts, I do have the Audio Output set to "Phone. And also to confirm, in my Connect App on phone, the Edge 1050 device shows Connected. When I select the Edge device in my Connect App on my phone and choose System>Settings>Sounds>Voice Prompts, my Audio output shows as "Phone" and I have the Navigation Alerts and Activity Alerts toggles set to the "On" positions.

I honestly don't know what else to do. I 100% want to be using my earbuds when cycling which means I need to be hearing my Edge sounds through my earbuds. I have a Varia connected as well so I need to be hearing those alerts in my earbuds too. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I did some searching and I didn't see where anyone else was having this issue with the Edge 1050, so it must be something I am doing wrong.

And to confirm, I have my Edge 1050 updated to the latest software version 9.11.

• Just curious if anyone from Garmin monitors these threads and if so, offers any support here? Or is this just a user supported forum? Not judging either way, just wondering if at any point anyone from Garmin will offer any suggestions/help. Thanks.

• I get all the prompts and sounds from my 1050 on my AirPod Pro 2  connected to my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Like others mentioned, you have to select your phone as the output and also you HAVE to have Garmin Connect app running on the background and in sync with your iPhone, otherwise you won’t get sound coming out of your earbuds. It was the same with my 1040. As for the Varia radar, the same applies. You have to pair your Varia radar over bluetooth with your phone and have the Varia radar app running on the background in order to get radar alerts coming out of your earbuds. I ride with my AirPods 100% of the time and even when listening to music, I get all the warnings and prompts from the 1050 and Varia radar on my earbuds. 

Also, make sure you have ON whatever you want to hear in your earbuds:

• That is the variable, On an Iphone you need to have Garmin Connect running, but not on an Android, as that has Connect running in the background automatically. Hope you get things squared away.

• Just to summarize my conditions. I am using an Android phone, a Pixel 8 Pro. In my Connect app on my phone, the Edge 1050 shows as "connected". All cycling activities from my Edge regularly sync to my Connect app so I know the phone and Edge have connected properly. In my Connect app, under Devices>Edge 1050>System>Sounds>Voice Prompts, I have Audio output set to "Phone". I also have Nav and Activity Alerts set to On. Audio output on my Edge is also set to "Phone". In fact, if I change Audio Output in my Connect app, or via the Settings on my Edge computer, both devices sync to whatever the other one is set to. Even though I am using an Android phone and it shouldn't matter, I have tried using the Edge with the Connect app running, running in the background and not running at all, and still no sounds from the Edge through my earbuds. The earbuds are properly connected to my phone and I can hear all sounds from my phone through the earbuds.

• Have you tried pressing the record/stop button?
    If I just switch the device to phone, the voice will always come from EDGE 1050
    When I press the record/stop button, EDGE can indeed send voice to the mobile phone

• Yes, I have tried doing this several times and the sounds still only come from the Edge and not my ear buds.

• Have you tried playing edge sounds through the phone? Without any ear buds connected, just using phone speakers?

• Yes, that doesn't work either unfortunately. I have been doing my rides without earbuds, using my phone to play music and the Edge still plays all of it's sounds (alerts, navy, etc.) through it's speaker.

• I'm having this same problem. My reports would read identically to the OP's. I can't get any of the sounds from the 1050 to play on Android Pixel 7.

• Sorry to hear you are having the same issue, but at least I know now it's probably not just something I was doing wrong.

I wish someone from Garmin would at least respond to this thread and confirm if this is a known bug and that they are working on it.