new garmin 1050 won't turn on?

Just got the device in the mail, opened it up and plugged it in to start charging only to find out that it isn't doing anything.... at all? I don't get a charging light, the screen doesn't say it's charging even if it's off? It doesn't boot itself nor is it bootable after simply leaving it plugged in for 15+ minutes.

Hopefully I'm just doing something very stupid and you guys can educate me. I've tried the cable that comes with it, a cable I've tested to charge my phone, multiple power bricks. Hopefully someone can tell me why I'm dumb pretty quickly and save me from thinking I just received a brick in the mail.

Thanks in advance.

• I put mine on another charger, then unplugged and hold the start button long (Not sure it was 30 seconds though). It then booted. 

• Another 1050 unit won't turn on :-( . I have it for about a month without any issues. Today it won't turn on however. I follow the advise to plug it to computer USB port and hold power button for 30sec. After holding power button for around 1min unit was still dead. But after I pressed power button for second time it turned on normally. Hope it'll help for others.