This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When does the 1040 Solar actually solar charge? Only when moving?

Hey all,

Today post ride I aimed my 1040 Solar right into the sun while at coffee. The temperature field showed a temp between 85-95f, solar intensity field nearly max, but no charging took place.

When does the 1040 Solar actually accept a charge? Only when moving? I'd like to understand this a lot better. I assumed if I put the 1040 Solar into the path of the sunlight, it would gain some charge. But so far, that isn't the case.

So how does one get it to charge when just hanging out after a ride or before a ride? Under what conditions will it charge or not charge?

• I guess DC Rainmaker and Desfit didnt look into it very deeply, I posted on their reviews on YouTube and didn't get a reply. First thing I did was check the battery level to see if it went up after leaving it in the sun. They just looked at the Connect info no doubt which says how much ride time was gained.

• Hi, I'm a owner of 1040 solar. I do not understand because in the manual is write: "NOTE: This feature is not available on all models". Is referred at differences between device standard and solar or some devices solar are enabled for solar charging when switched off and others are not?

I have tried to charge the device when is in turn off with the solar intensity at 50% but the battery has not gained anything. I will try in sleep mode.

• Just replying here to say that I've tested solar charging when turned off as well and was disappointed to see the same result. I left my device turned off in the high noon sun for several hours just to see that the battery percentage was the same as when I turned it off before.