This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

poi only vissible when zoomed in to 80m

i added a map with water tap points for longer rides.

they are only shown when zoomed in to 80m.

i would like to be able to locate one more easily when zoomed out.

on my watch this works perfect but on the 1040 i can not make it work.

anyone who had the same and found a solution? 

• Thanks. I had forgotten about all the zoom level controls down under the advanced settings.

• Hi B@rt,

Can you please explain how you managed to add your own POI on the Edge 1040?
    No matter what I tried: no results on my device, so it would ben helpful if you can tell us what did the trick.

Thanks in advance.

Ronald

• Nobody else who knows how to add own POI on the 1040?

• i googled it and found a guide how to do it(can not find it now). you need old software like poi loader. it are several steps. you need the poi points convert those into a map and then upload the map to the device.

• The level of POI support is currently not really that useable.

You can load POI files as you did with prior Edge models using the POI Loader. If you have custom icons defined it will just draw a white square with no boarder instead of using the supplied icons.

The major component that is missing is that there is no dedicate search option for custom POI's or their categories as there is on earlier Edge models.

You can use the search icon (magnifying glass) to do a search, but it will search everything for the string you provide and not just your custom POI's.