A new Beta software for the Edge 1030 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the link below.
Edge 1030 (10.25): https://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=12819
- For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
- Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Changes made from version 10.22 to 10.25:
- CIQ 3.2
Added encryption for CIQ widgets and data fields.
Added CIQ workout information support.
Added CIQ data field alerts.
- Improved radar all-clear tone user experience.
- Added tone to end of FTP test to notify user of completion.
- Fixed FTP test preview page showing incorrect data.
- Fixed crash on map data screen layout configuration.
- Fixed various other crashes.
Changes made from version 10.20 to 10.22:
- CIQ 3.2
Added CIQ 3.2 support.
Added BLE sync support for the Connect IQ app.
- Indoor Training
Added smart trainer widget that includes Tacx Road Feel controls.
Fixed course points for indoor trainer rides.
Added the Virtual Partner to the map page when following course or activity on indoor trainer.
Fixed issues with grade, power, and resistance controls for smart trainers.
- Simple Setup
Added Simple Setup support. Port old activity profiles and sensors from Garmin Connect during initial setup.
Added device driven Livetrack.
Added course sharing.
Added radar 'All Clear' tone. Setting is configurable in the radar sensor setting menu.
Added instructions for pairing a radar in the radar sensor search menu.
Fixed recurring 'Deleting Segments' prompt.
Fixed updating segment leaders on sync.
Fixed segment completion bugs.
- Improved reliability of FTP auto detection.
- Fixed segment completion bugs.
- Fixed crash when updating sensor software.
- Fixed issue with smart eat and drink alert prompts.
- Fixed false 'Climb Complete' prompts when riding a segment with ClimbPro.
- Fixed retaining light network disable over power cycle.
- Added support for metabolic calories in the activity file.
- Fixed other minor UI bugs and crashes.
- Connect your Edge 1030 device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
- Download and unzip Edge1030_1025Beta.zip and place the GUPDATE.gcd file in the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
- Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.
- If you would like to revert to the last public release software, follow the above steps but place the GUPDATE_1020.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device.
NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.