This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

v10 Indoor Training with target power (ERG) broken

I did a Indoor Ride using my Trainings which I created via Garmin Connect. The Trainings always refer to my target power zones. Until v10, it all worked well. I selected the training, pressed start and the Edge told the trainer how many watt's to setup.

With v10. This behaviour has changed. It now setups target grade instead of target power. I manually have to go to Training -> Indoor Trainer -> Set target power -> Enter value to get it working in ERG mode.

When the first segment is finished, until v9.5 it just sets the new target power value. With v10, it sets target grade again, this resulting in a complete wrong setup and I have to manually set the target power once again through the menu.

This is pretty useless now.

However, i saw in the Changelog for v9.5 it states:

Indoor Riding Improvements:
- Added the ability to set target grade in the context menu for Indoor Trainer Rides

Maybe this gets somehow forced in v10?

It's definitely reproducable. Below to the left is what should be setup, middle is what's actually getting set and to the right is the workout itself showing powerzones.

• Log a support case I recon, doesn’t look like an intended feature. 

• I have same problem. Target power for all my stored workouts no longer displaying after upgrade to V10. 

• I've done a couple of ERG workouts which are working however the difference is that for my target power I set a custom range 3s Avg power rather than referring to a power zone.

Is it possible that your power zones in your profile settings on the Edge have somehow changed/corrupted with the firmware update? 

• If I manually start a training which is referring to a power zone, it is working and the trainer gets into the right mode (ERG). However, when using a workout which is referring to my defined power zones, it get's screwed up and setting it to target grade. This never happend until v10.

My power zones are correct, I verified that as well.

Structured workouts cannot be performed since with every stage it gets set to the wrong mode.

• The ERG workouts I'm using are structured workouts created in Connect & downloaded to my Edge. These are working & setting the correct power on each step. 

I don't think I have any more advice, which would help resolve your issue other than maybe try deleting the workout from your edge a re-download it from connect if that's where you created it. 

The only thing that I know Garmin did in this f/w that affected workouts was to address a bug I'd raised preventing a workout from being renamed on the device, but that doesn't mean they didn't change something else in the background as part of other "fixes" that were implemented

• I've tested it and deleted all my workouts and redownloaded them from Garmin Connect. I've created them there as well. Same outcome, Edge sets Target Grade instead of Target Power.

• I am using the “Target Power” field on my screen which can be found under indoor training. This is specific number loaded into the workout file.  I and not using zones or any other calculated field. It has been working for months but as soon as I upgraded the display is now just the dashed lines “- -“

• So are we having same problem or is mine different?  If it is setting Target Power to a different data field then I assume that is why my Targets are blank and it’s same issue.  Anyways I am going to try to downgrade to 9.x and see if that fixes the problem. Let you know. 

• I have the same problem since the uprade to v10. The small dirfference is, that I'm using it with Trainerroad outdoor workouts which are pushed to the edge 1030. The target power field since v10 shows only dashed lines.

With 9.x everything was working.

• Does Garmin even read this thread and if yes, are they able to reproduce it and can they give us an estimate when this will be fixed? Right now, structured planned workouts cannot be done, this is completely useless now. Disappointed