This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto pause

Hi,

auto pause on Edge 1030 is not working when I have chosen a training. After cancelling the training during the ride it wprks. Is there any possibility to use auto pause within a training?

Thank you. BR Bernhard

Top Replies

All Replies

• Not that I know off. It seems logical that you would not pause during training. But have you tried a manual pause (the start button) ?

• I noticed a strange behaviour on autopause since some firmware-updates ago:

When you start an activity just for testing - without connecting to a speedsensor or GPS - autopause doesn‘t kick in. After connecting to a speedsensor or GPS it behaves normal.

• In order for the auto pause function to work you would need to be either on an outdoor ride with a GPS signal or indoors with a speed sensor. The auto pause function is designed to detect when you come to stop. If you have tested it in the previously mentioned scenarios and are still having issues please go to Main menu>Activity profiles>choose the appropriate profile>Auto features>Auto pause and make sure it is set to either your desired "custom speed" or "when stopped"

• I tried it with gps+galileo on and set auto-pause one time to "when stopped" and one time to "5 km/h". It didnt work as long as I had a training selected. It only worked after skipping the training

• When you say "training" do you mean that you are using a structured workout?

• Yes exactly, a training that I create with Garmin Connect Android app

• Won't you think it makes sense to disable (as in not allow) auto-pause when running a workout ? It makes sense to me anyway. When I do a workout, and I use those occasionally, I do intervals and I don't want an automatic pause that falsify my stats. I choose routes where I don';t have to stop for traffic, this is essential for safety reasons. Very dangerous to do high intensity intervals on busy roads. If I really need to pause I will use manual pause - the hardware button. So I don't see this as a bug - just a design choice from garmin to overwrite that setting when in a workout. Makes sense to me anyway.

• Yes exactly, a training that I create with Garmin Connect Android app

Thanks for clarifying. I think stated it well. Typically you wouldn't be stopping during a workout to pause for a break so the feature is disabled.

Won't you think it makes sense to disable (as in not allow) auto-pause when running a workout ? It makes sense to me anyway. When I do a workout, and I use those occasionally, I do intervals and I don't want an automatic pause that falsify my stats. I choose routes where I don';t have to stop for traffic, this is essential for safety reasons. Very dangerous to do high intensity intervals on busy roads. If I really need to pause I will use manual pause - the hardware button. So I don't see this as a bug - just a design choice from garmin to overwrite that setting when in a workout. Makes sense to me anyway.

• Ok, thank you all for clarification