This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apologies folk's post changed. Bluetooth problems with Samsung galaxy s10

Apologies folk's for the rant post now been updated. 

Can anyone help please as garmin 1030 not picking up Samsung galaxy s10 on Bluetooth after beta 9 update.

Help please 

• I noticed that you stop by every once in awhile to rant about your 1030. I'm sorry to hear that you are having so many problems. Your posts come across like everyone who has a 1030 is experiencing endless problems. All I can say is that I'm very pleased with my 1030 and the five other guys in my group with 1030's are also pleased with theirs. Livetrack still is a problem with it working maybe 50% of the time but everything else works as it should. I now always use the RoadID tracking app instead of Livetrack and it works great.

Have you called tech support? Emailing does not work very well in troubleshooting problems. If you have discussed your problems with tech support and have no solutions, perhaps it may be time to move to another brand of computer. However, you might want to check their forums because they have problems too.

• I also bought mine on day one, I can't understand why you haven't sold it already if you've had it for what, 18 months and dislike it so much?

Sure there are a few annoying bugs, but I have workarounds for any that are still around, or they just don't impact me day to day.

There have been something like 18 major software releases on the 1030, and they've got more frequent recently including bringing a load of features over from the 830/530 line so things are improving.

Rather than a general rant, why don't you post what specifically isn't working for you, and the users of the forum will try and help you with it. 

• Totally agree with you. What exactly is not working? What has tech support suggested to correct the problem(s)? Specific details are needed to make any progress in solving issues.

• So Tuesday's night ride for example recorded ride no problem thought great no shutdowns and then after ride garmin connect pick up my 1030 and would not sync. I tried and tried to switch off the phone and the garmin but nothing even though they were a inch apart from each other. I then removed the phone from the garmin and the garmin from the phone and even when trying to pair the garmin through connect on my phone it wouldn't pick up the 1030. After about ten attempts of removing and trying to pair it eventually went (one day after trying constantly) and as soon as it synced ride uploaded to strava. As a test I tried pairing my phone to my mates bottom of the range garmin also a 520 and a 800.  Guess what no problems picked it up first time.

I went out two nights later (after getting garmin connect to pair eventually to my phone above) done the ride no problem and at end of the ride I usually stop and save ride automatically uploads it to strava no problem but yet again the 1030 couldn't pick up the phone and after another around ten tries removing and adding etc and multiple failures it eventually synced and uploaded.

Phone is a Samsung galaxy s10 I have had about a year I have tried removing and pairing other devices eg. TV, laptop, surface pro, alexia, car audio/phone, smart watch and even a tenner pair of Bluetooth headphones and all pair within seconds and see each other only the garmin seems to struggle.

Was working ok before maybe took a couple of attempts but uploaded to strava. 

Version 9 software seems to have just broken the Bluetooth connectivity of the 1030 

• Last week I decided to try and use it on a well known course I have done lots of times to see if the routing was working any better and on various bits of single track that the original course was recorded on it was telling me that I was off course! And in some occasions was trying to take me a completely different route to the original saved one. The profile is set to mtbing and it has all the latest updates and map's so not sure why it is doing this.  Used it on a road section no problem. 

• "And in some occasions was trying to take me a completely different route to the original saved one."

Sounds like you have enabled "Recalculation".

You should probably turn it off (especially for mountain biking).

• Thanks for that was on as I thought it would re-route me back to the route I wanted to go on if I got lost but is maybe the cause 

• Apologies to everyone point taken and really sorry for the rant will keep all future posts on subject and constructive. 

Sorry again 

• I don't know of any bike computer that will perform very well for Mountain bike riding. Too much tree cover to interfere with the GPS signal. What are your GPS settings? I had mine on the GPS + Glonass and I had problems on my road bike. I switched to just GPS and the track has been perfect.

As for your connection problems, I can't help you. I use a Iphone and it has always connected fine for the last 1 1/2 years. Have you called tech support?