This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030 and Connect pairing on Pixel 3/ Android 10

Although there is a similar thread in the 830 forum, I just wanted to see whether there were any other Pixel 3 (or Android 10)/ Edge 1030 users on here who have been having problems with the pairing of the Edge and Garmin Connect. Essentially, I am having to re-pair the two after every time I restart my Pixel 3 phone. I suspect that the Edge is not the problem and feel that it is either the Connect app or, most likely, the Pixel 3/ Android 10 software. I can't think of anything else to try, having deleted the Edge from the Bluetooth on the phone, re-installed Connect, deleted everything from the 1030, all of which I've done several times now.

So, any thoughts or pearls of wisdom from the forums would be much appreciated. I'm asking here, btw, rather than in the Connect Android forum, because this is the most likely place where somebody might have all of the 3 elements that I'm having issues with.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

• I'm using a Pixel 2 on Android 10 and haven't had any problems so far in the few weeks I've owned a 1030. Any third party software causing problems?

• Hi Graham. I've not installed any new apps recently, so can't imagine which of the existing ones might be creating the issue. As it's only started happening since Android 10 update I feel it's either phone bluetooth or the Connect/ Android 10 relationship.

• I'm running bluetooth module 1.6 in Developer Mode. I've used all versions of the bluetooth module and have been running Android 10 beta for some time - no problems with the Garmin. I have recently added the app Bluetooth Phonebook which has fixed bluetooth connection with my car (Jaguar XF) and no problems with the Garmin.

• Hi Steve,

I have the exact same setup as you, Pixel 3 w/ Android 10 & Edge 1030 (fw: 8.00)....Garmin Connect app is 4.22.1.  I still have the app disabled for auto-update.  :)   

Have you deleted the phone from the Edge?  When you removed the Edge and the app from the phone, reboot the phone before re-adding?  Just thinking out loud what you might try.  

I haven't had any issues, that I know of or care about, with this setup in several months now.  I held my breath when I updated to Android 10, hoping it wouldn't break something that had been working for me and it didn't.  I still cringe when I update Connect...but the last several updates Live Track has continued to work for me.  A lot of the riders I ride with had moved to Wahoo, but I stuck it out with Garmin I had invested too much (1030, Vector 3, etc.)

Good luck!

• I have the Pixel 3/ Android 10 and Edge 1030. I *just* updated to 8.0, so I don't have enough runtime to see if the BT problem persists. I have a rock-sold connection to the 945, so I feel strongly it's neither the phone nor the OS. But with 7.5 on the Edge 1030, it would drop once a week, and be a total PITA to get reconnected. The only reliable thing was the voodoo incantation of remove Edge from phone, remove phone from Edge, clear app cache for Connect on phone, turn BT off/on for both phone and Edge, then re-pair.

• Thanks for the input everybody. Having read your post Sy_Borg, I realised that cache clearance was the one step that I hadn't taken in the install/ uninstall merry go round. Having cleared that I've just restarted the Pixel 3 twice and not only has the Edge reconnected, it's reconnected automatically, without me having to open Garmin Connect manually. So it looks as though I'm actually in a better place. Happy days. Thanks again all.

Steve

• I have similar issue - On Android 10 I cannot pair edge 830. My thoughts is that Garmin Connect App is the problem