This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 Light Network : UT800 (Front) and RTL510 (Taillight or Radar detection?)

Just purchased the UT800 to add to the collection (Edge 1030, Lights UT800 & RTL510, Vector 2 and iPhone 8) - Tech cost more than the bike now!!

Pairing and detection seems to work mostly well now although there is one query ...

Now, sometimes the Edge 1030 Light Network detects the RTL510 as RADAR and other times it is detected as TAILLIGHT.

Which is correct?
When it detects as TAILLIGHT there is an extra option in settings 'Auto Deceleration : Manual says : Automatically adjusts the taillight intensity and pattern when decelerating sharply.' Does this work on the RTL500 - how does the light pattern change in various modes?

• On my 1000 the RTL500 radar is detected as both a light and a radar. Both should be connected.
  • No sorry, I understand that it connects as both a light and as a radar - there is a new pairing process / mode for RTL510 to setup the Light Network.

However I am just talking about the Light Network. Within the Light network settings, the RTL510 description will be either TAILLIGHT of RADAR, this changes intermittently on power up.

If the description is TAILLIGHT, then an extra setting appears in the settings menu for 'Auto Deceleration'. Also when Light Network is set to 'Auto' mode in day the RTL510 has constant on light 'Low', I have to switch to High Visibility Mode for the RTL510 to go into 'Day Flash' mode???

If the description is RADAR, then that 'Auto Deceleration' setting does not appear. Also when Light Network is set to 'Auto' mode in day the RTL510 goes into 'Day Flash' mode as expected.

Why the inconsistency?

Attached pictures may make it clearer ..ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1396961.png