This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

out front mount for aero handle bars

I hope that somebody from Garmin will read this post. I bought the External Battery pack and the USB adapter cable for my Edge 1030 unit.
I use the Garmin Out front mount for one bike but I also use a bike with an aero handle bar/stem combo that uses two srews under the stem to mount a front mount for the edge 1030.
When will Garmin produce a straight out front mount that can be mounted with two srews under the stem for carbon stem/handlebar combo's?
  • I know this is an old post, but is there a solution for this? My dad has a carbon fibre (non round) handlebar and can't use the power pack because he can't use the original 1030 mount.

There's gotta be more people with the same problem, right?

-Niels
  • Similar issue, I want to get a Canyon Aeroad with aero handle bars, you can get an out front garmin mount for the edge, but I want to mount my Garmin varia ut800 light on same mount - garmin mount has GoPro compatible adaptor underneath for the light.
  • Similar issue, I want to get a Canyon Aeroad with aero handle bars, you can get an out front garmin mount for the edge, but I want to mount my Garmin varia ut800 light on same mount - garmin mount has GoPro compatible adaptor underneath for the light.

I have a Canyon Aeroad and use the special Canyon mount for the edge. It has an insert (interface to the edge) that is screwed to the mount. K-edge makes a mount for the Edge with a GoPro interface. This interface can be removed. I think with some DIY you can mount this interface to the Canyon mount. You have to watch to total weight that is mounted to the mount. Watch the mount in the slow motion in the pro peleton. Looks scary and adding weight doesn't help.
  • I know this is an old post, but is there a solution for this? My dad has a carbon fibre (non round) handlebar and can't use the power pack because he can't use the original 1030 mount.

There's gotta be more people with the same problem, right?

-Niels

Right but there a a million different shapes of aerobars. I think you have to ask the handlebar manufacturer for this. Like Canyon that offer a mount for the Edge for their aerobars.
  • I use a K-Edge out front for my 1030. The K-edge mounts to two threaded holes under the aero bar on my Argon 18 Nitrogen Pro.

https://www.canyon.com/fi/accessories/?category=2719#id=62911
    I have that , works ok.
  • I have a Canyon Endurace with H31 cockpit. I used the K-Edge mount to hold my 1030 and UT800 - watch the weight. I was riding on some rough chip seal and next thing I knew my unit was swinging from the safety strap.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1418138.jpg