This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030, wrong date and time of day

So my Garmin 1030 is connected to GPS and Glonass but the displayed time of day is off by 2 hours and 10 minutes. The date is wrong as well.

An indoor activity that I performed last night, the 27th was recorded as being performed on the 24th. It's now been uploaded to Connect and Strava as such. How does one fix this? I was on 3.5 last night and just updated to 3.7. During my indoor activity the GPS was turned off but having turned it on now, I would have thought it'd correct itself.
  • jgforrest - Time setting via GPS is how all of the Garmin Edge devices set their time. I do not see that changing in previous or future devices. Plus there is a simple fix, take the Edge outside and acquire a GPS signal. If that does not resolve the problem, I would recommend contacting Garmin Support.
  • I talked to support and they said the same thing (time sync only via GPS) but that differs from what it says in the manual (link I posted above), and this time of year when a lot of people are training indoors it means there's a risk of the time drifting. This is compounded by not being able to see the date on the 1030, so it's not that obvious that the date/time is wrong.

It would be good to have time/date updated by syncing with the phone, and actually as the unit has wifi there's no reason it couldn't also sync via ntp.

Something for a future firmware update maybe.
  • You can edit the date and time of the activity on the Connect mobile phone app. My indoor activities have the wrong date and time stamp all the time. I use the mobile phone app for corrections. I am using an iphone.