This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Course sort order?

Could someone tell what order courses are displayed in on the 1030? My 820 annoyingly just displays them in name order. I much preferred the sort order on my old 800, which was nearest starting point to where I was.

One day I expect to update to a 1030, and it would be nice if they have improved things over the 820.

Thanks, Jeff
  • Edge 1030 FW 8.0 finally (2 years later) enabled the Course Option "Sort" by "Distance to Start"

Thanks!

• I missed this option too in comparison with my old edge800.

_Ritchi, thanks for this update, I have changed it just right away :-)

Donald

• SOLVED!! As indicated by _Richi, the course sort order can be adjusted with Firmware 8.0 or later:

• Home Screen > Navigation > Courses > Saved Courses > Three-bar-menu (lower right) > Sort (shows current order under) > Distance to Start

This can also be accessed from Training:

• Home Screen > Training > Training Plan > Find a Course > Three-bar-menu (lower right) > Sort (shows current order under) > Distance to Start

This has been solved.

• There is a Search feature in saved courses. So for you multi-way tours if part of the name is specific you can search for that and only the relevant courses will get listed.

• Martin868, thank you!  That is actually quite clever!  I am working on completing a collection of rides, and naming them with a common acronym will make them easy to find.  Also, the course names can be changed after a ride to indicate that a specific course has completed.

Sometimes, a simple solution is best!

Your solution, coupled with the sorting options introduced after Firmware 8.0 which includes the "Distance to Start" sort order will make finding the next course much easier!