This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto FTP Calculation Errors if the Edge 1030 Plus Goes into Sleep Mode During an Activity

This started happening in early May.  I've had the error occur on my device three times.  Took a screen shot the first time.  (5/11/2022).  So, whatever firmware was the latest then.  That's when the bug was introduced.

Saw a reddit user with the same problem today...

1/23/2023:  friend of mine had this happen on Saturday:

Top Replies

All Replies

• I am on a 1030P with 6.75 by the looks of it. Looking at release dates, this might have just been before the 6.75 so on previous. I have a ride planned this weekend that I can take a look and see if I can replicate.

I have a hunch the scenario that is causing it. 

This file I know 100% had it happen as we took pics of the screens that day.  the other users were on a mix of 830's and 530's from what I can gather in a few notes out. 
    connect.garmin.com/.../10695483637

• I am on a 1030p and 6.75 but looking I think it happened last on the last firmware. Most on 830/530’s. 

I tried to recreate today as I think it was when you stopped a ride near the end of a hard effort. Might be fixed but seems to have caused a separate issue where total ride load anaerobic/aerobic calculations reset when you stop a ride mid ride. 

• Might be fixed but seems to have caused a separate issue where total ride load anaerobic/aerobic calculations reset when you stop a ride mid ride.

This behaviour is consistent with the unit having crashed and restarted while resuming from sleep.

I have had this occasionally when the unit has woken from sleep it has immediately crashed and restarted. Unless you are watching the screen and notice the longer time taken to resume from sleep there is no obvious indication of the crash.

Following these crashes Anaerobic TE, Aerobic TE, and EPOC are reset but all other data seems intact. (I don't have a power meter so there may also be metrics related to power data that are also reset.)

• Quite possible. Nothing like a 5.5 hour 200k hammer fest showing as low impact and 14 hour recovery lol. 

• Yep. Still happening. 

it is so ting about if you shut the unit down mid ride. It also messes with other metrics as well. 

can send the fit file if needed.