This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor discconnects during activity

i keep losing to connection to various sensors during my rides - Garmin Varia light and 4iii power meter. The varia is more obvious as it gives a clear message saying "radar disconnected" the power meter readings for Power and Cadence go to zero and eventually reconnect.

i am running the latest firmware on all of them and had no issues on the Edge 1000 with either sensor.

thanks

chris

• I also keep losing connection to various sensors during my rides specifically Stages power meter which also provides cadence and HRM. I've used all of them and had no issues on the Edge 800 with either (any) sensor.

I tried going directly to the sensor settings but it says "connecting" forever and never does.

I have to turn unit off and restart to get readings.

• I see the same behavior

• I have to admit, I've also now reached the end of my patience with the Edge 1030 Plus. This Sunday, 50 mile ride. Stop for a coffee, power off the Garmin Varia 510 and UT800 whilst in the Cafe. I come back, power them back up: No HRM, No Power, No Light Network, No Di2.... Its takes a full restart to bring them back online. Why?

This is on top of the fact that the RTL510 will regularly report a disconnection with the Edge 1030 Plus, maybe 10-15 times over the course of 3 hours.

My sensors include:

• Ultegra 8050 Di2 
    • 4iii Precision Power Meter
    • Wahoo Tickr X (2nd Gen) HRM
    • Garmin Varia RTL 510 and UT 800

Last year, I left Garmin and went to Wahoo for better reliability. And, wow, what a difference. Stuff like Live Tracking which are 100% critical to me just worked.  With the release of the 1030+, I thought I'd give Garmin another try.  And, its amazing, in the 1-year since I left, the software quality has actually got worse. The 1030+ wouldn't even connect to an iPhone 11 out of the box without a manual update of the firmware to a beta version. Its appalling. 

That Hammerhead Karoo 2 is now on the Christmas list.