This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

missing UK map on Edge 1000

I have a Garmin Edge 1000. Following the previous update I am missing UK maps. What I have available is very basic with no roads just rd numbers. I read that people were have problems updating via a MAC however I only use a windows 7 based PC for updating via Garmin Express having moved to an iPad. I checked on my Garmin to see what was loaded and I have the following enabled: Garmin Cycle Map EU, North East, 2021.10 / Garmin DEM Map EU 2020.10 / Garmin Geocode Map EU 2021.10. That's all that's avail on my Garmin and they are all enabled. I am at a loss how to get UK maps on it and without same it is basically just a bike computer.

• Try connecting to Garmin Express and re-installing the latest maps

• Done that twice now, just updating the maps remaining on my Edge 1000

• Following latest map install noticed the maps are now split between the internal memory and the microSD in the Garmin. How do I access the maps on the microSD which I assume must be the missing EU South West map, as my Garmin doesn’t appear to recognise the fact that they are there albeit on the microSD!!?! Any help appreciated.

• Same issue here on Edge 1030. What’s going on Garmin?

• As the latest files are too big for the Edge internal memory they are split between the Garmin & the inserted microSD. So on Garmin I have EU North East, DEM & Geocode assuming the remainder are on the microSD. How do I get my Garmin to recognise these maps or how can I access them? Unsure why loaded to microSD if can’t use them! One would have thought the North East portion would be on the microSD & the South West bit I want/use would be on the Garmin!!!??!?

• Consequence of Brexit, sorry. 

UK is no longer part of the EU, and this will affect the presence on the Garmin EU maps.  :-)

• Thanks Garmin support (not), sorted this issue myself ….connected Garmin to pc, deleted EU North East image file off Garmin & dragged all files off microSD card including the EU South West image file and put them into the Garmin folder on the Garmin (I had nothing to loose). Yippee I now have a Uk map available. Not being a computer bod/savvy & an oap this took a bit of time but all ok now.