This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where I can retrieve files EDGE 1000?

Hello, good day everyone

I have a problem with the EDGE 1000, I accidentally deleted files that have the GPS from the PC and I can not return to recover, even doing a reset device does not come out again.
Where I could download all files that had the EDGE 1000 when I got out of the box? 

Thank you so much for your help

Top Replies

All Replies

• Have you tried disconnecting from pc and start the edge it should rebuild the folders and a few files

Then connect to pc and Garmin express and it might download the maps for you

• I have an Edge 1000 from which the previous owner deleted the base map file. Basically the cycle maps work and there is no problem, however I read that this map is required for proper operation. Can anyone share their base map? Or can I copy it from the Edge 1030 and upload it to the Edge 1000?

• The basemap should be the same you can copy between units

• however I read that this map is required for proper operation

You can live without the basemap. The device will work fine without it.**

The basemap is used at low zoom levels where the detail of the other maps would be unreadable and slow-down screen drawing. (These are zoom levels that are not usable or navigation, which is why you don't really need them.) The basemap also provides some information for areas that the detailed maps don't cover, which is more useful than looking at a blank screen).

====================

** That it's not required doesn't mean you aren't better off having it.

====================

The units for Australia and New Zealand appeared to use a different basemap and they did not work properly with the basemap that was used on units for other parts of the world. I don't know if that's still the case with the current models.

(To be clear: copy the file as aweathrall suggests.)

• There are some different versions of the basemap.. One for Europe and another for the rest of the World.

I had assumed that the units that the user had were both for the same region.

• It's very likely they are from the same region.

Copying the file is the right advice!

• I copied the base map and it seems to work. After turning off CycleMaps, I can only see the main roads.

• Hey,

If you experienced the error message "bad time data" after uploading. we're seeing occasionally, mostly from Garmin Edge 500's, 1000's, and Fenix's. If you cannot find or do not have access to the .fit file you can export .

indigocard