This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't turn on Wi-Fi, "Use Garmin Express to set up Wi-Fi on this device.."

I can't turn on Wi-Fi, all the appears in the Wi-Fi menu is a screen saying: "Use Garmin Express to set up Wi-Fi on this device. Go to garminconnect.com/start for more."

video

I think there used to be a button to add a network, and you could later just enter the password and connect, no?

This is the situation after update to 15.20 and a factory reset, can't say which caused the change (if indeed it used to work, maybe I'm imagining things).

• Yes, you can go to the WiFi sub menu on the Edge 1000 and add a network and password.  You don’t see that menu item after pressing the settings icon?

• Try adding network via garmin express to start with as this writes a couple of files to the device thereafter you should be able to add other networks via the edge

Give it a try and report back as it will be helpful to others if that works

• It worked exactly the way you suggested, thank you. I think this is what I did in the past, before the recent factory reset. This seems a bit redundant though, installing software on your PC and connecting the device via cable just to be able to set-up WiFi. I wonder why this can't be done via BT and smartphone. Anyway, thanks again :)

• I've linked a video in my post to show exactly what I see. Also, issue solved, see jimrward269's post below.