This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any major issues with Garmin's new magnet less speed/cadence sensors?

I just ordered a set of magnet less speed/cadence sensors to mount on my bike and use with my Garmin 800.

Have any of you experienced any major issues (or any issues) with the new sensors?

Let me know what your experiences have been.

Thank you.
  • This is from memory, since I paired my 800 with my speed and cadence sensor 5 months ago, but as I recall, it's a little weird. First you choose the only option, speed/cadence. I don't remember if there's an additional button to push to start the pairing attempt, but either way, you wait for the first attempt to fail. You go back to where you started in the menu, and choose speed/cadence again. This time, there are new menu options available, one of which is "speed and cadence" (or if you only have one of the sensors, speed only and cadence only). Choose that, and they should pair successfully. In your case, since you've already tried pairing, the new menu options may be there already.
  • Well looks like my elastic band for the new cadence sensor broke. I got my speed/cadence sensor at the end of May 2014. I can't find anything online that sells replacements for it. I guess it's time to email Garmin support. See if they can ship me some.
  • Hey guys I've purchased only the cadence one, it can be paired with Fenix 2? only the cadence one I mean? Thank you
  • i have some auto start stop with new magnet less speed sensor . i put it on the frond hub on a 2h ride it happens 2-3 times but with no 0 speed readings.any one have any solution?
  • I had the same issue and think the cause was the light coat of grease like substance on the battery. Try wiping it off the battery and contacts.
  • I had the same issue and think the cause was the light coat of grease like substance on the battery. Try wiping it off the battery and contacts.

i open the sensor and there was a spot of liquid on the battery. i clean it and i will give you fit back
  • so far so good ....thanks for the tip !
  • today i have the same problem ! but it happen only in town ! when i am out of the town on the high way i have no problem at all !!!
  • Hi everyone,

New here. I am having problems with the new speed and cadence sensor with my Garmin 500. Have read thru the threads and tried all methods mentioned, but I am still getting the auto pause on and off while riding. Would it be that the newly bought sensors are faulty or my Garmin 500 is?

Please help.

Thank you.
  • Most likely it is the sensor. Do you have it on the front wheel? Are you on a trainer? There is an anti corrosion coating on the battery and I had auto-pause problems that went away after cleaning the coating off. There have been a couple other posts noting the same. If you would rather not wipe the coating off try another battery to see if it makes a difference. Please give some feedback on what you find.