This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Speed Sensor died after replacing a new CR2032 battery...

This is the new Speed Sensor (not the GSC10 model) and its no longer functioning and is already out of warranty, any inputs on how to troubleshoot it? it was working perfectly before the old battery runs out. i waited like 5 min (reset mode) before replacing the new battery but its not helpful.
  • Have you checked for 3.2v on the new battery?
  • I replaced both Speed and Cadence Sensors using Energizer CR2032, the Cadence Sensor works fine after i replaced it but the Speed Sensor just wont power on anymore.
  • May well be a stupid question but could you have put the battery in upside down? Just in case you have a defective battery, try swapping them.
  • Is the door installed correctly? Make sure that its is not askew and is flush with the casing all the way around. It could be that the connector in the door is damaged if the door was inserted in the wrong position.
  • hi Hungrykid,

Insert the battery upside down and press down for about 15secs - remove the battery and install it the right way around and then press the reset button on the side of the sensor which should spark it back into life. Had the same issue as you and the upside down battery trick worked a charm for me.

cheers
    Mike
  • Is the door installed correctly? Make sure that its is not askew and is flush with the casing all the way around. It could be that the connector in the door is damaged if the door was inserted in the wrong position.

The battery cover was installed properly in the same position as it was before i removed it. even use a magnet to removed the dead battery instead of prying it out to avoid damaging the connections, i replaced the battery of the Cadence Sensor at the same time with no problem.
  • hi Hungrykid,

Insert the battery upside down and press down for about 15secs - remove the battery and install it the right way around and then press the reset button on the side of the sensor which should spark it back into life. Had the same issue as you and the upside down battery trick worked a charm for me.

cheers
    Mike

Hi Mike, unfortunately its not the GSC10 model which has a reset button, this one is the newer Speed Sensor that doesnt have any reset button. that trick does work though with my GSC10 sensor. Thanks.
  • I had this kind of issue with this speed sensor. At the end y installed the new battery, and press with mi fingers the sensor as hard as I could :), I think that the battery terminals were not making enough or good contact with the battery.
  • I had this kind of issue with this speed sensor. At the end y installed the new battery, and press with mi fingers the sensor as hard as I could :), I think that the battery terminals were not making enough or good contact with the battery.

Been doing that but to no avail.
  • Can you post a picture of the inside of the door?