This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When is MARQ going to get AMOLED display?

Love the looks and quality of the MARQ.  Does anyone know if and when it will get the AMOLED display?

• I bought the Epix the day it was released but returned it 3 weeks later. The display is beautiful but I didn’t love the glow especially in the dark. I went back to my Fenix 6 but then found a Marq Athlete brand new on eBay for $900 (less than the Epix). I’ve had every Fenix since the Fenix 3 but this Marq is the most satisfying Garmin watch I’ve had in all the years. If they come out with a new Marq with a TFT display, I might be interested but not amoled (for me). 

• Hopefully they'll keep some as TFT and make other OLED, to give customers the choice. IMO Endurance would especially benefit from remaining as TFT as it is for really long trips. 
    Hopefully on the others they'll also fix the problem with the display being too bright at night! 

• I do not understand your feeling about the screen. I own a Garmin Marq commander and now the news epix Amoled, I do not use my Marq anymore. The quality of the glow and the screen resolution are not comparables.  I will wait for a Garmin Marq with amoled and try to find again 2000 USD to buy it.

• Looks like the MARQ Gen2 has AMOLED.  

• Yes amoled and also a price .. how to say ? nothing Garmin prices become crazy 2300 euros for the garmin marq captain same price as tag heuer connected golf edition . wrong way garmin wrong way

• 2300 euros for the garmin marq captain same price as tag heuer connected golf edition

Correct. I also can't understand how Tag Heuer can charge such a high price when the case is only stainless steel. Garmin uses titanium grade 5, so it doesn't take long for the Tag Heuer to look very unsightly, while the Garmin is like new.