This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Titanium bands for Expedition (Adventurer)

I would like to buy a titanium band for my Expedition (Adventurer). Swept-link titanium bracelet, which is meant for Marq collection, is quite expensive. However, there are various (and , according to some people, qualilty ones ) Chinese copies of Vented titanium bracelet which is meant for Fenix 6 etc. Does anyone have an experience with Vented titanium bracelet or some other titianum band with Marq watch? Is the color and finish of Swept-link titanium and Vented titanium the same?

Thank you

• I have the original Garmin vented  bracelet for my Expedition. It is really comfortable and I can not see any difference in color/shade between the bracelet and the watch case. 

Although it is in titanium, it is quite a massive bracelet, so the entire watch gets a bit heavy when I use it when running, for example. And it is obviously not as easy to get a tighter fit, as adjusting a silicone strap. 

Style wise (in my opinion) the more expensive MARQ unique bracelet is better looking, but I prefer the non-fixed end links on the vented bracelet. Btw, it scratches really easy.

I mainly use a leather strap when in the office, and a silicone strap for training. But the last few days I’ve been wearing it exclusively. 

• Thank you very much for your answer and experience! I would like to use it as an alternative to a leather strap for office etc. For a "real activity" ,silicon strap is the only option, in my opinion, Would you mind to send a picture with vented bracelet?

Thank you

• Poor light conditions. But the picture will hopefully give you an idea. 

• It looks very nice. Thanks a lot! 

• I would hold off on the titanium band. I just got one and it scratches very easily. Mine scratched in a weeks time and Garmin provided no recommendations for maintaining. I would love to go back in time and stop myself from getting one.

• You can use 3M UltraFine pad.  Works quite well if you do not like patina.

• I know it, I am afraid of it, but I can not help to buy one Blush

• Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out. It just stinks that Garmin itself cannot advise on proper car.

I'm not sure what you mean about patina. It's not oxidization that is the issue. It just scratches if you don't breathe through your nose.

Would like to find a way to buff out scratches at home without taking in for service every month or so at a jeweler.

• Here is our official Titanium Band care support article to fix it as needed - Fixing Scratches and Wear on Titanium Watch or Band. Also, all MARQ watch manuals have a Device Care section that specifically goes over proper device care.

• This article provides no support. It actually says "Garmin does not offer instructions for this, and does not recommend any specific method over any other." This is my complaint. I would like Garmin to actually stand behind their product with specified treatment.