This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Resume Later" Stops Some Tracking Features in between Activity Tracking

I spent ~42 hours on a leisurely backpacking trip. Did not take off my Expedition once. During long breaks and pauses (like meals, camping, sleeping etc) I would pause the activity and select "Resume Later" and restart when we set off again once GPS was found.

Ex: Starting at ~16:00 on 23/08/19 and stopping at ~19:30 to camp. Restarting at ~10:30 on 24/08/19 and pausing throughout the day. Finally finishing the entire route at ~10:30 25/08/19.

Throughout these roughly 42 hours, my stress and body battery were NOT tracked:

I know that these are not normally tracked during an activity, but I was only in activity mode for ~08:26 of the entire ~42 hours. During those other ~33 hours, other things were tracked like HR, steps, floors, etc. Why should these stats not also be tracked?

Even more strangely, my sleep stats were NOT tracked on 23/08/19 but WERE tracked on 24/08/19:

• Be good to take this up with Garmin Support directly but I wonder if there's still a 'flag' set when you select 'Resume Later' that leaves the watch in 'Activity mode' and not tracking those stats.

• This is still broken,.... at least on the fenix 6 series.

• Yep...and still broken now over 2 years after the original post. Very annoying and I don't understand why it hasn't been fixed in updates. I regularly commute to work and much prefer to "resume later" after my morning trip to then resume recording my ride home (and lunch rides) and have it be one cohesive ride rather than 2 to 3 activities. My choice is to either break them all up and deal with a load of activities each day or resign to no tracking of my stress/body battery during the 90% of my work day that is non-active. Bummer because I've actually found some value to the body battery/stress features.