This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity Minutes not accumulating

I've found a behaviour which doesn't make much sense.  

When I complete a ride on my Edge 1030 and synchronise my Marq before uploading the ride, Connect will report intensity minutes.  I have to stop the ride on the 1030, open Connect Mobile and manually sync my Marq.  

If I upload the ride without syncing my Marq then I will not get a credit for intensity minutes.  GC mobile and web will show no intensity minutes at all.

I've tested this several times now and it is repeatable.  Feels like a bug to me, is anybody else finding the same??

• The edge series does not give credit for intensity minutes since it is a wearable (wrist device) only feature.  So the intensity minutes are only coming from your MARQ even though you aren't recording activity on it.  So if you do not sync your MARQ then that explains why there are no intensity minutes.

• Thanks , it is more simple than that.  I have been wearing my Marq day and night for two weeks.  This week I've logged 3 hours on the bike, my Marq has recorded 23 Intensity Minutes.  I recorded the activities on my 1030, but was wearing the Marq the entire time.  As you can see from the graph below, the Marq isn't recording intensity minutes in the same way my Fenix 3HR did...

The last two weeks is a complete drop-off.  My use of the 1030 has not changed, all I've done is swap my Fenix 3HR for my Marq.

Here is the view of intensity minutes from GCMobile:

The activities from the same period are as follows:

There isn't a complete overlap on the dates, but either way you can see I completed workouts during the week, wearing my Marq the whole time, and Intensity Minutes haven't been accumulated.  The same is true for training load etc.  Are there known issues with Intensity Minutes and Physio TrueUp?

• I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "upload the ride without syncing marq", but this is my current week ->

Both Tuesday and today were bike rides recorded with the 530. When I get home I just put the bike in the shed and when I get inside and sit down, everything is already synced and good to go..

• Hi, that's what I would expect to see.  My Marq automatically syncs, probably the same as everybody's.  What I'm finding though is that recording intensity minutes is very inconsistent and often the Marq isn't showing any intensity minutes despite having done workouts (recorded on my 1030).  If I do a workout on the 1030, the best way to ensure I get intensity minutes is to stop the ride, and while the 1030 is asking me if I want to save the ride or not, I manually sync my Marq using GCMobile.  The Marq will sometimes then record the intensity minutes; then I choose the save the ride on the 1030 which automatically uploads it..

Have you got training load showing on your Marq, based on the rides you've done on the 530?  My Marq is only showing training load from the activities I record on the Marq - effectively it looks like PhysioTrueup isn't working, at least for me.

• Just installed an Edge 1030 as well.  Went for a ride and Garmin connect didn't give any credit for intensity minutes. Everything else seems to sync fine.

• Seems like this device should give credit for intensity minutes from an activity just like my Fenix 3 does.