This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I love the MARQ.. but not in it's current configurations..

Had the Chronos for 3 years, loved it.

Nothing else came close. But now there is an alternative.

I want the Sailing version watch for the look,

The Aviator metal strap,

And the Explorer software, (With maybe the Driver as well..)

Is this possible ? Can I install the software or change the button presses to start different apps ?

If not.. Why NOT !?

;p

• Software features are not transferrable across the device. Not possible, except metal strap.

• Can you at least change the button presses to open different apps ?..

• Submit as a feature request to Garmin. What you want sounds great in theory - build your own Marq from this least of features. Not sure how it could work in practice though.

• You have ability to assign hot-keys to some useful functions.

Mostly I use following scheme on fenix devices:

press and hold START - save waypoint (*yes, you can redefine START button instead of MARQ unique function set up different one)

-//- BACK: music player (*yes, I do not like DOWN key for that, i.e. 945 use DOWN hardcoded)

-//- DOWN: Widgets. Sometimes is useful on Hiking activity to switch to widgets carousel.

START + DOWN = Screenshot

BACK + Power = Flashlight

BACK + UP = Wi-fi, but in MARQ I use Wallet function. (*This is unique feature, expected for Garmin Pay capable devices with keys, implemented in MARQ only)

UP + START = Key lock/unlock

Unfortunately, hot-keys can not be assigned to the Connect IQ applications or widgets.

• Never even knew anything about hot keys and always wondered if they would ever have screenshot capabilities haha. Where do the screenshots save? How does one access them?

• The screenshots are saved into a folder named something like GARMIN\SCRNSHT. You can copy those bitmap files over to your computer over USB.