This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature request: Can the VO2 max function be added to the Instinct? (remove the golf functions if it due to a matter of space)

Can't really understand why its not possible to use the VO2 max function on the Instinct. 

I up regraded from the Forerunner 35 which has the function and found it very helpful in my fitness and training.

• There is no golf functions on instinct. I you runalyze web. Good vo2max

• They didn't even add it to the new 400$ Solar models so no way will they add it at least for now . They consider the Instinct outdoor/survival watch not running, nor high end have-it-all watch as the fenix line.They've made it clear.

• Most people who purchase the Instinct will use it in rugged terrain - hiking, trail running, mountain biking, etc.  That's a big reason why they selected the Instinct.  Unfortunately, the VO2 max algorithm will be rather meaningless in this environment as it requires flat courses to offer any meaningful results.

• One of the reasons why Instinct has not VO₂max functionality (and the related features like Training Effect, etc.), besides the marketing reasons, is the fact that Instinct is primarily a low-power device with excellent battery life. To achieve the low consumption, Garmin had to make some compromises - they used a less performant CPU, smaller memory, monochrome display, and removed all unnecessary power consuming features, like the Connect IQ technology, or just the VO₂max functionality.

If you need VO₂max, get a refund for your Instinct, and buy a Forerunner, Fenix, or any other model offering it. If you prefer long battery life and a rugged watch, keep your Instinct.

• Upgrade to instinct 2 - it has all of these

• garmin said before, they won't add wo2max, because instinct is an outdoor watch. instinct 2 has this feature. new version is not an outdoor watch?

• I do not know what Garmin told, but Instinct 2 is an outdoor watch and has all the functionality demanded here (plus much more). So be glad and upgrade. I did, and could not be more satisfied - it is an excellent watch at a very good price.