Software stuck on 7.1, won't update to latest release 8.7

I was having the heart rate monitor issue of having a reading when not wearing, etc.  I have tried updating through Garmin Express and Web Updater, both say that the version 7.1 that is on the watch is up to date/latest.  Also downloaded the beta 9.04 and copied it to the \Garmin folder from both a mac and PC, will does not prompt to update.  Tried the 8.7 that also came with the beta, it will not offer to update it.  Have reset all settings and done a master reset with no luck.

Thanks,

Alan

• Don't you happen to have the APAC hardware version? They typically get the update couple of weeks later than the standard Instinct. Standard firmware will not install on them.

• it does say that when I hook it up.  Wow, apparently when I ordered it last year from Amazon, I got a grey market one from the seller.  It wasn't like it was any cheaper anyway.  I always check to order stuff directly from Amazon, but obviously didn't on this one!

Thanks.

• it does say that when I hook it up.  Wow, apparently when I ordered it last year from Amazon, I got a grey market one from the seller.  It wasn't like it was any cheaper anyway.  I always check to order stuff directly from Amazon, but obviously didn't on this one!

Just because your watch is an APAC (Asia Pacific) version, does not in any way indicate it is grey market.

None of the legitimate/genuine APAC models can use the Beta versions of software.  Also, standard versions of software usually take a bit longer to become available to APAC version watches through Garmin Express and WebUpdater.

So... just be patient and you will find the latest satandard software version available soon.

HTH