Smart Notifications stopped working after update 5.10

After updating my Garmin Instinct to software version 5.10 recently all my smart notifications stopped working. Before it has always been working great, and I have been using it for replying to SMS messages a lot.

I already ran through the whole list of settings to check in other posts about this, including smart notifications settings on the watch, inside the Garmin Connect app and in Android settings.

I also already offloaded the app and reinstalled it again multiple times on my phones and thereafter checked and granted all the permissions again and checked the do not disturb settings on both the watch and phone, including doing multiple restarts on both watch and phone. 

Please inform me about how to fix the smart notifications again, if I missed something, and otherwise please fix this. 

Thank you! 

• I'm on iOS, so I can't state whether this will work for you or not, but I noticed my notifications quit working any time I reboot my phone, despite the fact that my watch is connected and still syncs with Garmin Connect. Here's what works for me. With both devices on and connected, turn off phone. Reboot phone and confirm watch is connected. Sync with Garmin Connect. Now, turn of Instinct and turn it back on. Open Connect and sync again. My notifications start working 100% of the time after doing this. I know you stated that you have rebooted both devices multiple times, but the order in which it's done seems to dictate whether notifications work or not. Again, I'm on iOS but I hope this works for you.

• Same issue, changing device from IOS to Android...new app Garmin Connect and no more notifications.
    Damn!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I enable smart notification only for calendar, phone and garmin connect app.

I am receiving notification in watch from phone and garmin connect app. BUT I am NOT receiving any notification from calendar app.

• I will try this now and will update on the result. Thanks in advance for your reply! 

• I tried Bjoostema's suggestions and followed the steps one by one. Unfortunately this didn't solve the issues for me on Android. 

Anyone from Garmin reading along and have any suggestions? Or is this just a bug introduced with the latest update of Garmin Connect? In that case, when can we expect a fix to rectify this again? 

• I've also found and followed the following tutorial made by Garmin multiple times, step by step, but it didn't solve anything 

www.youtube.com/watch

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I did open garmin connect app then open setings and switch off all smart notification. Then I did go to app permissions in connect app: menu -> settings -> app persmission. I did switch off all permision and then switch ON only those permissions which I want. Then went to smart notifications and switch ON only those I want.

hura, notifications from calendar are now caming to watch.

hope it helps

• Thank you for the suggestion Janci. I have tried this multiple time already and it doesn't work for me. 

Actually the notifications and all other functions of the watch habe been working perfectly for me from the get go. It's just since this last update that it got messed up. So I'm suspected a bug introduced in the last update. 

• Solved! 

This is what I did;

Deleted phone's cache (settings>storage>long press system cache>delete). 

Deleted Garmin connect app cache. 

Closed garmin connect completely. 

Switched of notifications access for garmin connect in privacy settings android.

Switched off garmin instinct. 

Rebooted phone.

Restarted Garmin Connect.

Gave notification acces permission again in Android settings. 

Restarted garmin instinct. 

Synced watch with garmin connect. 

Thought it didn't change a thing and went to the kitchen to get something. While there, notifications started popping up on my wrist. 

Succes!!! 

Wrote this down so it might help someone else. Good luck! 

• My doesnt show caller name only number. Is tnhis normal or not?