Problems with Pool Swim

Pool Swim activity is troublesome.  First it would not collect OHR data.  Fixed that by going into OHR widget settings and turning on "collect HR data during swimming".  However, today at the end of my swim the Pool Swim activity crashed the entire watch.  I hit stop on the activity and before I could "save" it, the watch crashed.  I got lucky.  However, HR data was collected in the swim activity but not on the watch.  My HR has a blank during that time.  Also the Pool Swim activity claims I burned 50 calories even though I had an average HR of 119 BPM for and hour and 17 minutes.  Not logical.  So my pool swim activity did not add to my Intensity Minutes, Heart Rate, nor Calories.  How do I fix this so that I get credit for my swim workouts?

• I’ve had major issues with my Garmin solar also. It’s been a nightmare in the pool, swim workouts disappear and data is all over the place. I’ve tried to reset and play around with all the settings but doesn’t seem to do anything. I’m at the stage of getting another watch. 

• I’ve had major issues with my Garmin solar also. Swim activity lost half way thru an activity, incorrect data once finished a swim workout. It’s been a nightmare to be honest. I’ve tried resetting, playing around with settings but doesn’t seem to do anything. The swim data has been all over the place since brand new, at the point of binning it and getting another watch. 

• I have the same issues. The watch has been a nightmare in the pool, so frustrating! I don’t think I’ll get another Garmin. 

• The Garmin solar has been a nightmare in the pool for me also. 

• Hi all,

I have been pushing GARMIN for a solution to this for a long time, including sending the watch to them more than once for checking.

Each time they came back with being unable to replicate the issue.

Nevertheless, they acknowledged that this problem did exist and that they would come out with a fix ( update 17.5).

After updating the watch, I tested it a few times and have now found a way to replicate the problem, which still persists.

Here's what I did to reproduce this issue

If the phone goes out of connectivity range and comes back, the watch will restart.

I tested this by keeping the phone at the start end of the pool. 

Pool length is 25 metres by which I hope that the bluetooth connection between phone and watch is lost/ sporadic.

When the watch comes back in connectivity range, the watch restart. This can happen at the end of the first lap (50m) or second (100m) or any subsequent laps.

If anyone else can also strengthen my claims, then please let us know.