Instinc solar surf don't count waves...

Hi, I am from. Spain, Castellón. And bougth this model one month, seems to work fine but I had used today and a week ago for paddle supp surf sesión and it just take the GPS track but no waves info are shown. Is there any specific conditions you must configure o what happends?

I selected surf activities and took more that 10 waves, but the info are that I have run 0 waves. Wtf? 

Please help... Satellite was sincronice (I see the track) and GPS and glonnas mode was activated. 

I need support. 

• Reading all the threads/comments on this model, it seems clear that - for the moment - this device is not realiable for surfing...

Do you think Fenix 6pro with Surf Tracker V2 would be a decent solution in terms of wave counting? 

• Do you think Fenix 6pro with Surf Tracker V2 would be a decent solution in terms of wave counting? 

The Instinct forum is not the right place to ask this question, since there are probably not too many Fenix 6 users here. Have a look at the Fenix 6 forum.

• For sure, it works in Vivoactive HR (much worse device...)

But trux is right, go to the forum fenix site.

• Should be nice to have more experiences... Maybe this will encourage Garmin to do it better and solve this huge problem.

• Fenix 6s pro user here. Short answer is no. In my case surf app from Garmin does not work and is useless just like the instinct . I also tried to add to it the surf Tracker V2 data field but it is not working. I bought specifically the watch for the in built surf app and move one from the Fenix 5s to 6s pro. Not sure why, I cannot make it work. Maybe the data field would work with another activity profile like sup or swimming (like I had on my f5s) but I haven't tried it yet.

I hope this answer your question.

• Yes, if you use surf tracker, the activity in which you use it as a data field has a GPS accuracy configuration, which makes that all estimations are based on it. Take SUP or even another with the most precise GPS refresh acquisition on record time, seconds or similar and should be fine. My vivoactive HR did it perfectly, and your Fenix will for sure outperform my device. 

I hope to have been useful.

• I just bought one specifically for the surf tracking function and so far I'm very disappointed. It seems like a Rip curl watch or an apple watch would have done exactly what I wanted, but instead I went for a Garmin because I thought they're a good brand and if they have a model specifically for surfing, it must be good for surf tracking. 

It seems like other Garmin watches like the forerunner or the vivo active even have a better surf tracking app available that what you get with the Instinct Solar "Surf" (although I haven't experienced this first hand)

I feel kind of ripped off by false marketing to be honest and as this is my first experience with Garmin, it's likely to be my last :(

• Obvios, this is the sensation all the people here had... Just has no sense at all, don't really know how garmin has this failure on a specific sport design watch.

I sold mine back on Amazon, and happy now with another brand, that just do what they promised. 

• Finally had the chance to try my instinct solar while surfing. The watch does a pretty good job recording the position, the problem is with software. I uploaded my gpx file into another surfing app, and the 5 waves that I surfed showed up, instead of 21 waves.

Garmin, you really need to improve your software. You are advertising this watch as a surf watch, without the right tools. Garmin connect needs some serious improvement when it comes to the surfing activity. This watch costs 50€ more than the basic instinct solar, and it does not work as it was supposed.